GIN-gle Bells*

Sunday 11 December 2016




It is no secret gin is my absolutely favourite, when Gin Explorer got in touch asking if I was willing to create a Christmas cocktail I was ready.

Gin Explorer is a subscription gin service, gin literally comes to your door. What more do you need? The monthly box includes four gins, two tonics and little snack. The box is made for two people as there is enough for two gins out of each bottle.







'Gin-gle all the way'
I named this cocktail in honour of one of my favourite christmas films, hoping you're all saying "Jamieeee" in Arnie's voice now.






Ingredients:
Herno Gin
Cranberry juice
Gingerale
Ice
Mint (to decorate and pretend you're a little fancy)

Cocktail shaker
Shot measurement
Glasses to serve

Method:
1. Add one shot of Herno gin then equal measurements of cranberry juice and gingerale to your cocktail shaker. The measurements entirely depend on the size of your glass.

2. Whilst listening to 'Christmas (Baby please come home)' by Buble dance and shake your cocktail together.

3. Pop a few ice cubes into your glass then pour your mixed cocktail into the glass. Pop a sprig of mint in and TA DAHH.

Mulled wine
My second drink is in ode to Mulled wine. You cannot have Christmas without a steaming cup of mulled wine whilst walking around Christmas markets. I know a fair few people who aren't a fan of gin (madness I know), so I thought I'd pop another christmassy drink recipe here for you mad folk.




Ingredients:
Two bottles of Mulled Wine
Orange
Two cinnamon sticks
Half a whole nutmeg, grated
Three star anise

Method:
1. Pop both bottles of wine into a large saucepan along with all your spices.

2. Add a few slices of orange to the pan, I also juice half an orange to have a real citrus undertone.

3. Turn the hob onto a medium heat and simmer the wine for around 20 mins, serve and enjoy! I like to serve mine in a clear glass with a handle, cinnamon stick and a wedge of orange.

What is your go to festive drink?

*DISCLAIMER: I was sent the Gin Explorer box in return for this post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fab post, I bet you were so excited when you received this! I know how much you like your gin ;)
    I'm not the biggest gin fan (don't shoot me) but your recipe sounds delicious! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete